Saturday, June 23, 2007

what are we doing?!!

hey you all, this is lenny. life is very interesting right now. first of all, how did life ever get so expensive. it seems like our bank account is like a funnel. except not quite, because with a funnel, things leave slower than they enter. not so with our bank account. anyway, i guess that's how life is here. anyway, i have to things to write about. first of all, on thursday, our crew was working down close to faith on 8th, which is where our team did our outreach during training last fall. it was cool to be in the inner city again. we were working at a united way school where they do things with kids during the summer. it seemed like they had a pretty cool thing going on there. secondly, tina and i went to see shakespeare in the park last night. again, getting into the city was refreshing. i'm really missing european culture right now. everything here is so country, republican, and honky-tonk, which is very unlike spain. so being downtown again was kind of like a breath of fresh air. also, i found these awesome olives at trader joe. they are dry cured morroccan olives. i had them in spain, and imagine my suprise to find them for a measly 1.99 here on this side of the atlantic. check them out if you are a fan of aceitunas. anyway, i gotta run. joe and renee are coming over tonite, and i told tina that i would make some cookies. we would love to hear from you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh, moroccan olives...mmmm. are they as good as Ab's were? and maybe your bank account is like an upsidedown funnel.

Anonymous said...

Wassup Lendog!! Good to hear your back man !!! Oh and bloggin' too , well i must say that from the looks of it a better one than I . Well gimme a telefonazo or send me your # and I'll give you one .
saludos
ddcdmd

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd let you know that I just got back from an afternoon in Chicago and I got not only dried moroccan olives but also chorizo, jamon serrano, and manchego cheese. I am very happy and looking forward to a wonderful breakfast in the morning!

Anonymous said...

May I say that I am especially impressed by the 3 colored balls on the masthead of your site? They are excellent.

Good luck with re-entry, dude. I right now I am drinking a cup of coffee made from startlingly burnt coffee beans. It tastes like liquid smoke.

Have a good one!

tirzah said...

everybody wants to talk about olives...were the the black, kinda wrinkly kind? ahhhh the goodness. i have a med. market a block away and i've been spending a decent portion of each paycheck there. i should probably add "olives" into a separate catagory in my budget.